When you click a link inside a Lite App, Hermit offers you multiple choices on how to handle it.
- Internal Links: If the link points to the same site as your Lite App (e.g. on Facebook, all links on *.facebook.com are considered Internal Links), Hermit automatically opens them in your Lite App.
- External Links: Links on domains outside the primary domain of your Lite App can be configured in two ways. You can choose to open them either inside Hermit, or in your system default browser.
Open Links in Lite App
Many users prefer to use Hermit to open all links, because of the better browser features it offers, including Ad Blocker, Malware Blocker, Reader View (awesome for news articles!), and because Hermit does not save any history of sites visited.
Open Links in Browser
Some users prefer to use their own system default browser to open External Links, and you can configure Hermit to do this too, if you wish!
How to change Link Handling
- Launch your Hermit Lite App.
- Swipe in from the right edge to reveal the “Quick Settings” sidebar.
- In the Quick Settings list, tap on the “More Customization” button.
- Under “Behavior”, turn “Open Links in Lite App” on or off.